Work Time Recorder Project #
This program is a tool designed to help record and measure the work hours of a given task.
Click on the image to download:
It’s available in source code form.Download it here
Need to install
python3-tk for Python 2.x and Python 3.x respectively.
Arch / Manjaro :
Nothing much here.
Since the default python installation includes
No Idea !
Please help me here any knowlegeble folks.
Current Feature set #
It is developed using Python and Tkinter package.
There are many features for the Wish list of development :
- Initially simple time display (Current Clock) - v1
- Python 2 and Python 3 compatibility with Tkinter working - v1
- Ability to count minutes and seconds - v2
- Ability to start, stop and reset the timer - v2
- Clock visible on the taskbar when minimized -v3
I wanted a big Clock that showed time spent.
There you have it.
You can see the diffrent versions the code went through in the drop down.
TODO Wishlist #
- Write time stamp with task name to file
- Auto-load last activity from file on start-up
- Record multiple start and stop time-stamps
- Itemized activity level total time spent
- Log of when and how long a particular activity took
- Posibility of Project -> Task 2-level logging
This code is released under open-source licences.
GPLv3 GNU General Public License v3.0 #
Copyright (C) 2018 Abhijit Bose [ boseji at a boseji.com ] This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html.